Full course description
This course will help you make sense of emerging business models and mindsets.
05 August, 2019
4-6 hours p/w
- Work with an industry-expert facilitator to find new ways to deliver customer-centric service models ideally suited to the Industry 4.0 era.
- Study contemporary and industry-relevant course content specially curated for professionals.
- Engage in a 1:1 mentoring session with your expert facilitator at the end of the course.
Industry 4.0, or the fourth industrial revolution, promises to radically alter taken-for-granted approaches to production. Digitisation, connectivity and automated data collection and processing are enabling truly collaborative approaches to production that responds to market expectations and preferences faster than ever before. Having the tools to develop new customer-centric service models around existing product offerings is becoming increasingly critical and will make you an invaluable asset in your field.
What will I learn?
- Examine the convergence of technologies and the trends that characterise Industry 4.0.
- Assess the innovative business models that have emerged from Industry 4.0.
- Explore the new ways in which products, platforms and services are connected with the aim of generating new sources of revenue.
- Identify the combinations of technologies that can be leveraged to gain a competitive advantage.
- Develop strategic frameworks that address the challenges of linking data, intelligent devices and customers within the context of the product development cycle.
What will I get?
- You will be eligible for a Certificate of Participation upon completing the course content and collaborating with your peers.
- If you choose to complete the final project, you will also be eligible for a Certificate of Completion. Your final project will get you to apply the skills and knowledge acquired to your own professional context – ensuring that you translate your learning to clear value for your organisation.
How will I learn?
We recommend you allocate between 4–6 hours of weekly study per micro unit. Deciding when you fit in your weekly study is flexible, as there are no set times required for you to be online. Your industry expert facilitator will guide you through your engagement with the course content, equipping you with practical skills immediately applicable to your professional context.
Robert is a mechanical engineer with a focus on advanced manufacturing. He graduated with his bachelors from the FAU Nuremburg with a study in additive manufacturing for laser sintered parts. He graduated with his masters from the University of Luxembourg in cooperation with LuxSpace after completing a project on functional risk analysis of buy-in components.
Robert’s PhD research focus is on supporting design innovation and offering development for small–medium enterprises. His current project underscores Industry 4.0 and how this paradigm shift will create new value through information. He is researching how the emphasis on information will change the functionality of offerings and subsequently how they will be developed.
Introductory price $990 (Standard price $1250)
Have a question?
If you are looking for more information about our micro units, our FAQ page is here to help.