Full course description
This course will enable you to assess and make informed decisions about the threats posed by cyber criminals.
05 August, 2019
4-6 hours p/w
- Work with an industry-expert facilitator to examine the motivations of cyber criminals and dissect the anatomy of cyberattacks.
- Study contemporary and industry-relevant course content specially curated for professionals.
- Engage in a 1:1 mentoring session with your expert facilitator at the end of the course.
The cost of the average cybersecurity breach has been estimated at almost 4 million dollars. Securing the assets of organisations is fast becoming a global imperative for businesses and organisations. There is a need for leaders in all industries who can ask the right questions around matters pertaining to cybersecurity, and help defend against the threat posed by cybercrime.
What will I learn?
- Understand how hackers get in: the mindset of the attacker and the anatomy of a cyberattack.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders as a leader.
- Develop a comprehensive cybersecurity strategy for your organisation that employs risk mitigation strategies.
- Propose strategies to protect critical data assets, while assessing their vulnerability to attack.
- Analyse a cyberattack.
What will I get?
- You will be eligible for a Certificate of Participation upon completing the course content and collaborating with your peers.
- If you choose to complete the final project, you will also be eligible for a Certificate of Completion. Your final project will get you to apply the skills and knowledge acquired to your own professional context – ensuring that you translate your learning to clear value for your organisation.
How will I learn?
We recommend you allocate between 4–6 hours of weekly study per micro unit. Deciding when you fit in your weekly study is flexible, as there are no set times required for you to be online. Your industry expert facilitator will guide you through your engagement with the course content, equipping you with practical skills immediately applicable to your professional context.
Peter is a senior executive with over 20 years’ experience in Australia and overseas, including at Telstra and Cisco USA. In addition to a practical operational background, he has expertise in customer environments and the challenges facing executives in businesses today.
Peter’s security experience includes:
- Conceiving and building an award-winning security and privacy start up.
- Global product marketing for Cisco Systems’ router based security (access, VPN) and firewall technologies.
- Consulting to Telstra regarding go-to-market for a Tier 2-4 PCI compliant security product offering.
Peter holds a Bachelor of Science (Honours) and an MBA.
Introductory price $990 (Standard price $1250)
Have a question?
If you are looking for more information about our micro units, our FAQ page is here to help.