Full course description
This course will equip you with the skills to understand the business value of data. Learn to ask the right questions of data analysts and key stakeholders regarding the evaluation of outputs.
02 September, 2019
4-6 hours p/w
- Work with an industry-expert facilitator to understand what organisational requirements and ethical considerations are relevant to the collecting, storing and usage of data assets.
- Study contemporary and industry-relevant course content specially curated for professionals.
- Engage in a 1:1 mentoring session with your expert facilitator at the end of the course.
Organisations are gathering and storing vast quantities of data at a phenomenal rate, but are not always exploiting its true value. There is an opportunity for organisations to harness the power of their existing data assets to ultimately make smarter business decisions, while remaining committed to fulfilling relevant regulatory requirements. Become the leader who asks the questions that allows your business to leverage new opportunities supported by big data and analytics.
What will I learn?
- Gain an overview of the industry landscape, including roles, skills and technologies.
- Examine various forms of data analytics and their importance in business decision-making processes, and learn to differentiate between descriptive, prescriptive and predictive analytics.
- Articulate business needs requiring insights from big data, and the skill sets required to fulfil those needs.
- Create a comprehensive strategy to streamline a process for effective data collection, creation and use within an organisation.
- Present informed decisions regarding applications of data science and their impact on businesses and organisations.
What will I get?
- You will be eligible for a Certificate of Participation upon completing the course content and collaborating with your peers.
- If you choose to complete the final project, you will also be eligible for a Certificate of Completion. Your final project will get you to apply the skills and knowledge acquired to your own professional context – ensuring that you translate your learning to clear value for your organisation.
How will I learn?
We recommend you allocate between 4–6 hours of weekly study per micro unit. Deciding when you fit in your weekly study is flexible, as there are no set times required for you to be online. Your industry expert facilitator will guide you through your engagement with the course content, equipping you with practical skills immediately applicable to your professional context.
Adnan holds a PhD in Computing and has been working in the industry for over 20 years with particular focus on data, analytics and information management. Adnan works with organisations to develop an appreciation for their information assets, and identify opportunities for growth based on sound strategies focused on business value creation.
Adnan has worked with a range of industries and government departments, helping them successfully set up their data and analytics practices and Centres of Expertise.
Introductory price $1250 (Standard price $1600)
Have a question?
If you are looking for more information about our micro units, our FAQ page is here to help.